Spaghetti with Roasted Chicken, Garlic, and Sun-dried tomatoes

Confession time: the last time I brought home a rotisserie chicken, I ate a few pieces the first night - the legs, a bit of breast - and then tucked the remaining carcass into it's plastic container, where it languished for a month until a scary smell prompted me to empty out and clean the fridge.  Sad, I know. Rotisserie chickens, when actually USED, can make at least a week's worth of meals for a singleton like myself. 


So, on a recent rainy day, I decided to base my Monday meal around a delicious roasted rotisserie chicken. The first store I went to? 


OUT. wah. 


The second store had some (along with truly epic after-work lines), and the extra effort involved with procuring on made me determined to really truly use the entire bird. 


So far so good - I only have a tiny bit of breast and thigh left, which I'll munch tonight, but in the meantime, here's one of the ways I used some of the meat:





Spaghetti with Roasted Chicken, Garlic, and Sun-dried tomatoes:


1 tablespoon olive oil
3-4 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
1/3 cup shredded pieces of a roasted chicken
1/3-1/2 cup white wine
1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (mine were in olive oil, but I don't think that's a requirement)
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1-2 cups of cooked spaghetti
Parmesan cheese, grated or shredded - to taste
2-3 handfuls of Arugula or spinach (optional - but come on, greens are good for you! and delicious!)

In a saute pan heated to medium high, add a few swirls of Olive oil (about a tablespoon should do if your pan is nonstick). Let the oil heat until it shimmers, then add the chopped garlic, then the chicken. When the garlic and chicken are just starting to brown, add the wine, and let it come to a boil. Add the tomatoes, stir, and then add the cream. Let simmer for a minute or two, then add the cooked spaghetti. Once the spaghetti is warmed through, remove from the heat, and toss in the Parmesan and the greens. Toss to wilt the greens and melt the cheese, and serve! 

Serves two, or one with leftovers for lunch the next day :)



Comments